Sunday, December 30, 2012

White Bread (Bread Machine) 2 lb. Loaf

Delicious preservative and dough conditioner free bread! I try to use grams and milliliters when I measure for accuracy, but most recipes I have the cup conversions as well. This recipe is a bread machine recipe so it won't help you if you don't have one.


White Bread 2 lb. Loaf

1 3/8 C. (310 mL) Water, 100 degrees F
2 T. Olive Oil
4 C. Bread Flour
2 T. Sugar
2 T. Dry Milk
1 3/4 t. Salt
2 1/4 t. Active Dry Yeast

Add liquid ingredients to pan first, mix dry ingredients and add those, then make a well in center of the dry mix and put yeast in it. Place pan in bread machine and select white bread option.

*I like to premix the dry ingredients and put them in bags so all I have to do is dump the bag in instead of measuring all the items.

It stays fresh sealed at room temp for a couple days, but you can slice and freeze it too for up to a month. At my house it never makes it to the freezer though, there are fingers in it right after it's done baking. I also use it for breadcrumbs and croutons. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment